In order for our web based service to work from inside your company's network, please ensure the following:
- all subdomains of *.saberr.com and the saberr.com domain itself
- all subdomains of *.gocoachbot.com and the gocoachbot.com domain itself
- all subdomains of *.coachbot.com and the coachbot.com domain itself
- all subdomains of *.cronofy.com
- If whitelisting all subdomains is not possible then please whitelist team.saberr.com, user-api.saberr.com, science-api.saberr.com, coach-api.saberr.com, coachbot.saberr.com and www.saberr.com. Also, gocoachbot.com and www.gocoachbot.com. For our calendar integration provider: app-de.cronofy.com.
- Some of these urls are REST APIs so it’s important to ensure internal proxy’s are not removing important headers, such as ‘Authorization’.
Allow emails from *@saberr.com, *@coachbot.com and *@gocoachbot.com to reach your mail servers.
- Our transactional email is sent via Mandrill and Mailchimp so please whitelist mandrillapp.com and mailchimp.com for mail delivery.
Office 365 Administrators of companies using CoachBot:
- We use a service called Cronofy to let CoachBot users sign in using, and connect, their calendars. To allow this for employees in your company, you can whitelist our Cronofy application using this OAuth whitelisting process.
Microsoft Teams Administrators of companies using CoachBot:
If your company wide policy is to disallow your employees installing any marketplace approved apps then you need to allow CoachBot manually.
This can be done by going to Teams admin center -> Teams app -> Manage apps (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/manage-apps) and searching for "CoachBot". You can then mark it as allowed.
Further, it is a good idea to pin CoachBot company wide so that people can find it easily. You can do it from the "Setup policies" in the Teams admin https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/app-setup: